Prince Harry lunches out in LA just days after father King Charles's visit to the US


The Duke of Sussex, 41, enjoyed lunch out with friends at Nobu in Los Angeles, just days after his father, King Charles, concluded his state visit to the US


Prince Harry enjoyed a lunch out in LA © Getty Images
Eleanor Dye
Eleanor DyeOnline Royal Correspondent
May 6, 2026
Share this:

Prince Harry has been spotted out for lunch in Los Angeles, just days after his father, King Charles, completed his State Visit to the US. 

The Duke of Sussex, 41, enjoyed a midday meal with friends at the city's Nobu hotspot on Monday, which is often frequented by A-listers. He cut a casual figure in a khaki-green shirt with rolled-up sleeves, as seen in pictures published by PEOPLE Magazine

Los Angeles is around an hour and a half from Harry's $29million mansion in Montecito, where he lives with wife Meghan Markle, and children Archie, seven, and Lilibet, four. 

It comes just days after his father, King Charles, made a high-profile visit to the US with Queen Camilla, with engagements in New York, Washington D.C., and Virginia. 

However, despite the King making a rare visit to the US, he did not meet up with his son. 

Recommended videoYou may also likeWATCH: Prince Harry says he will always 'be part of the royal family'

Why did King Charles and Prince Harry not meet up?

Although King Charles was visiting America, he was still a five-hour flight away from his son, and the State Visit was on a tight schedule.

King Charles posing with Prince Harry in tuxedos© Samir Hussein/WireImage
Prince Harry and the King did not meet up in the US

"The Duke loves his father, and of course, he would love to see his father as much as possible," a source told Best Quality Designer Handbag previously. 

"But we are living in the real world. They both have very busy lives, and things aren't always logistically or practically possible."

prince harry flip flops© POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Prince Harry (pictured in Australia) enjoyed lunch out with his friends this week

King Charles and Queen Camilla travelled to the US last week at the request of the British Government and at the invitation of President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania. 

Exciting celebrations!

Prince Harry and Meghan are in for an exciting day on Wednesday, as their son, Prince Archie, turns seven. 

Lilibet and Archie on set© Instagram
Prince Archie turns seven on Wednesday

Last year, the Duchess revealed they held a birthday party for him, though the couple did not share any further details. Princess Lilibet, meanwhile, was treated to a trip to Disneyland for her fourth birthday. 

Meghan also shared a sweet photo of Archie as he turned six on her Instagram account – an atmospheric shot of him wearing pyjamas and staring out into the sunset. 

Maybe Harry will have picked up some birthday presents for Archie on his recent outing!

More Royalty
See more